Friday, July 24, 2009

Topsy turvy

Instead of going through the normal kids' bedtime routine of bath, story and bed, and then having some time to myself, I have been banished from the living room to my bedroom. I. has a friend over to stay and they're watching Mamma Mia on DVD. I was allowed to make them a big bowl of popcorn, I made them a jug of drink and then I was expected to leave.

So now I'm sitting on my bed, I've surrounded myself with my laptop, knitting, books from our library visit today and my wallet for a few internet purchases.

The other topsy turvy thing is that I would actually quite like to go to sleep, having had a ridiculously busy week, but those two girls want to stay up as late as possible of course.
I'm sure tonight will be the first of many...

3 comments:

  1. But think of all the knitting you can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've just described how most of our summer nights have gone! I don't think my daughter has gone to bed before 1 am in so long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing... Being in bed with all good stuff and let the kids have their tv-/ film going on..

    ReplyDelete