Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pure frustration

I have just been told that I should stop knitting for a few weeks :-((( I've probably got something called phlebitis in my upper arm. When I knit, I hold my left needle under my left arm, pressed against my body. When I knit with short needles which don't fit under my arm, I still hold my arm against my body. I have knitted much more in the last 6 weeks or so than I normally do, so chances are this is what has caused it. It's not serious and will heal just with time, but to be on the safe side, I should stop knitting for a bit. And as knitting equals relaxation for me, what am I going to do...?! We're off to Holland tomorrow evening for a few days, with quite a bit of hanging around with the ferry and all that. Perfect knitting time. Not for me! ARGH!

9 comments:

  1. Oh no! I know how you feel- a few months ago I started getting a numbness in my right hand...turned out that I was knitting too much at the same time I was using my computer mouse too much for work. I had to take 3 weeks off from knitting, and really watch my computer time. :(

    Take a book with you on your trip...and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Can you crochet? Or embroider? Maybe you just have to bring a book...
    Have a great trip, though:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your lack of knitting time. I know what it is like because my Lupus gets so bad sometimes I can't pick up the needles.
    Hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it will give you time to sew your gloves, right? what about reading a book on knitting??
    there's a new magazine out in Holland, apparently mostly sold at Bruna, called around the world in 80 socks.(verena spezial)The first part has 30 european socks. Im sure it will keep your knitting addiction sorted for a while, just reading the stories and the patterns.
    Have fun, we'll catch up on the Eurostar :)
    Hetty

    (mitts picture on ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how awful for you. I hope you heal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. I feel your pain--not the physical pain, but the pain of not being able to knit for awhile. Try writing! You're very good at it, judging from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I really hope you will be fit for fight soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your trip to NL was nice and relaxing and that you'll be back to knitting soon. I once had to take off MONTHS because of bad shoulder strain (due to knitting and computer work). Be careful! Letting it heal is better than making it worse.

    ReplyDelete