Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday 6 June

I have been meaning to post an update for a while, but haven't felt like it. The last few posts on this blog have all been so doom and gloom, and the news wasn't really much more cheerful, and I just didn't feel like writing another bad news report.
Right now, I'm back in Holland again. Mum is having another operation tomorrow, this time to remove all the lymph nodes from her arm pit as the three lymph nodes they took from her arm pit last time, weren't all free of malignant cells. It's not a huge setback, it was something they had told us was a possibility, but still, you'd rather hear 'everything was fine, let's move on to the next stage now'. It just makes the future a bit unclearer again, with more waiting before they'll know what the treatment plan will be.
Tomorrow we'll have to be at the hospital at 7.30 am. Considering it's just off the busiest motorway in Holland with notorious traffic jams, we'll probably leave very early. It's going to be a long day. At least I have plenty of knitting and crocheting to hand. I'm almost finished with a secret project and then I'll be on to crocheting a silly bikini for my annual ladies tractor road run next month. B. seems to think I'll be wearing a bikini and nothing else... not sure I'll be that brave ;-)

7 comments:

  1. Sending you and your family so very many good wishes and hopes.

    And I love the idea of you sitting upon the tractor wearing a crochet bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well for your Mum tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been in my thoughts Cybele,nice to read that you have some "comfort knitting" with you.
    x Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been in my thoughts Cybele,nice to read that you have some "comfort knitting" with you.
    x Irene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well with your Mum. Shame we didn't cross paths while I was in Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sitting and waiting is never easy, but the comfort you are providing your mother eases her own worries, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will keep you and your mom in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete