And when I was in the middle of writing this post, my phone and internet went down... and were down for almost a week. It took three phone calls and me threatening to stop my direct debit for the ISP to sort it out. Sad that you have to resort to getting cross before getting anywhere.
Anyway, I was chuffed to bits about getting an award. It's a bit like entering a competition online and forgetting all about it till something arrives in the post. This one is the Liebster award and is given to blogs with 200 readers or fewer. Much as I enjoy reading some of the very popular blogs, I do miss that you slowly get to know the author and sometimes even become friends. I know some people think you can't make friends online, but I very much believe the opposite. But that's almost a post in itself!
Fran asked me to answer 11 questions about myself, so here goes...
- If you could only read one author for the rest of your days, who would you read?
- You're leaving town forever and need to pack your worldly goods into a backpack - what's the first thing you reach for?
It would have to be my camera - yes, the DSLR I got given in February. I feel lost without it now.
- If you were queen for the day, who would you knight?
- What is your most memorable day?
- Where in the world would you go if money wasn't an object?
- Who would you take with you?
- Are you a closet Star Trek fan?
- What's your favouritie flower?
- Where do you feel most at home?
- How do you prefer to travel - car, train, plane, walking etc?
- What did(do) you want to be when you grow up?
Not sure why Blogger has decided to number all the questions with the number one and is refusing to let me change it...
And I'm nominating the following six small blogs that I like to read:
1. Cloudberry Knit - I can't remember when I first started reading Beate's blog but I count her amongst my online friends!
2. Claireabellamakes - Claire and I did a swap earlier this year. She set up a blog not that long ago and it's really taken off. Lots of crafty goodness.
3. Evie's Gran - I 'met' Susan through Twitter. I love her down-to-earth posts and tweets and sense of humor.
4. The Joy of Farming - Sophie hasn't posted as much lately as she did earlier in the year, but her photos are beautiful and I enjoy reading about her life on a farm in America. Her story about Henry the abandoned cockerel made me cry with laughter...
5. Halfpenny Home - actually, Halfpenny Home is a shop with a blog, and I knew the shop before I knew the blog. The shop in Needham Market is run by Nicola and Jacqui and is a dream for button lovers, vintage crockery, yarn, knitting needles. Nicola is also very active on Twitter and has been through a tough few weeks, having been diagnosed with arthritis recently. The blog is mostly about crafty projects.
6. Under Dutch skies - last but not least, Alex's blog was one of the first blogs I started reading, and I found her because she was writing about her running adventures just as I'd started running too. Neither of us run much anymore (truth be told, I don't run at all anymore, Alex still does from time to time), but I enjoy reading her posts as we are both foreigners in another country - only she lives in 'my' country. And she is a very talented knitter and photographer. One day we'll get to meet!
Finishing off with a photo of a gloriously sunny evening in Walberswick where we went last weekend.