Wednesday, February 25, 2009

FO: hot water bottle cover


I knitted this for mum as a late birthday present. I was going to knit her a little toy rabbit after I'd forwarded her the link to the pattern for it and she said she wouldn't mind getting that, but once I got started on it, it just wasn't coming together - it was too small, it wasn't cute, it wasn't soft. So I gave up on it and came up with another idea. Last time I was in Holland, she said a few times how cold she was, so a hot water bottle was a good idea. A cover was an even better idea. Yarn came from Violet Green, I thought she would like this as it looks like it's been spun straight off the sheep, and she has a wool blanket in these colours. I finished it while we were in Lyme Regis, dad took it back to Holland with him, and it's been declared a success. I liked knitting it too, and the cables look much more intricate than they were. More details on ravelry.

I've been given a blog award which I'll save for a post on its own. I'm immensely chuffed....

4 comments:

  1. Lovely. I could snuggle up to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot water bottle sweater looks better than most people sweater I've made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cute. Lovely job on knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is funny you did a hot water bottle cover, I was just talking to someone about these and asking if people still used a hot water bottle, to my suprise many people have this item in their homes. I must be a weirdo not to have one!
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete