Friday, April 9, 2010

Not entirely out of the woods yet...

...but the first bit of news was very, very positive: no malignancies in mum's liver!
She hugged the consultant, I hugged the consultant, then I had a good cry, and then we had coffee and cake :-)

Today we're back at the hospital for an ultrasound of her thyroid, so fingers crossed for that one, but the main thing is that her liver is fine, it's probably just had a lot to cope with when she was first ill 2 1/2 years ago.

I'm knitting The Shetland Trader's Aestlight for Mother's Day for her. I'm knitting it with a much, much lighter heart :-)

9 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your mother. Still keeping my fingers crossed for the next step,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous news! I hope it continues to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news Cybele :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you! I've been following your blog for a while, not commenting a lot though because I just don't know what to say, but these news must be such a relief to you both!
    I'm sure your mum will love Aestlight, btw, I've made two for myself, and use them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Cybele, thank goodness! It's about time you had some good news! I hope you get some time to relax for a bit now :-) Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great news!!!! We'll be praying for you during the next step, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope you continue to get good news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you keep hearing good news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurray, Cybele! Faithful daughter. . .

    ReplyDelete