Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday 18 June

My happy things for this week:

1. 14yo getting a place on the communications team at school. It's been obvious for a while now that the arts subjects are her strong side (following in her mother's footsteps!) and lately she is showing more and more interest in writing. She will now contribute to the school blog and newsletters, and represent the school at other schools. If she is serious about pursuing writing as a career, she has made a step in the right direction, and I'm very proud.

2. Staying the same weight at the WeightWatchers weigh-in yesterday - considering how much I'd eaten over the past fortnight...

3. The latest addition to the collection:

Picked up from Wales last weekend - a rather rare Bolinder Munktell

4. Spotting three red kites while in Wales. I know they're getting more common these days, but it still felt very special.

5. Listening to the rain on the roof of the lorry cab when we'd stopped in a small village on the way to Wales to have a sleep.

6. Getting lost on the way to our destination but finding this:

So, so different from the rural churches in Norfolk that I normally visit

7. Picking up parttime dog for a walk on Monday evening and noticing he excitedly barks his welcome before I even get the chance to knock on the door.

8. Finishing a job at work that I have been working on for the last 4 or 5 weeks. Although I have really enjoyed it, it also feels good to hand it off knowing you have done your part.

9. Spotting this on my Sunday walk:

A bell on an old rectory in Somerton

10. The beauty of Wales. B. and I have been there three times now and every time we agree it is a stunning country.


Photo taken from moving lorry, so excuse the blurriness and lack of composition!

No comments:

Post a Comment