Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Monday 3 February

 Day 12 of 100 happy days - travelling cables on my knitting. I'm knitting Coal Cardigan by Veronik Avery, one of my favourite knitwear designers. Simple, stylish, chique, oh so clever.

Day 13 of 100 happy days - Bury St. Edmunds cathedral in the glorious sunshine on Saturday morning. When I first moved to Bury, way back in 1995, the cathedral tower wasn't finished. I can't even remember what it looked like, but they won a millennium grant to finish the tower off and in the process, renovated/cleaned the whole cathedral. I think it's beautiful now. You can see the tower from several miles away, sometimes the sunshine reflects and lights up the little golden flags on the corners. Bury St. Edmunds has so much going for it, but the cathedral is my favourite part by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment