Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday 7 January

We're almost back to normal routine here. 10yo is back to school today, 13yo has another day off before she heads back tomorrow. 10yo was ready and waiting on the sofa at 7.25 AM. That won't last...

This year we have taken down the decorations in stages. It's odd but as soon as the New Year begins, somehow Christmas tree lights don't cheer me up anymore. 13yo said the same thing: the tree doesn't make me happy anymore. But I can't bring myself to take the tree down just yet. Tonight, tonight...

This weekend was the last of the festivities and B. and I hosted a New Year's lunch for my colleagues and various partners. They all brought a dish of food and of course as usual there was far too much. There was also a lot of laughter, chat and sampling of various unusual alcoholic beverages. And there was this, a beautiful bunch of flowers which I hadn't expected at all


They've come home with me and are nicely filling up the gap left by the tidied up Christmas decorations. Not a bad way to start the week...

2 comments:

  1. I feel just the same - the decorations always start coming down at New Year. I like to start the year without feeling the house is cluttered up with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I looove having people over for a meal. And I`m all for bringing a dish each. it is about being together and not slaving in the kitchen too long... right? I can not pass 2nd of january with a tree and X-mas stuff. I still keep finding a goblin or two hiding.

    ReplyDelete