Thursday, May 8, 2008

Don't stop me in my tracks

I' m still really enjoying the running. Running is a misnomer really, it's jogging. But I enjoy it, whatever it is.
I've been teaming up with C., a friend, and we try to go together twice a week. We seem to be on a fairly similar fitness level which makes it fun to join up. Last week on Thursday we upped the running and we both thought we'd collapse. Admittedly, it was up a hilly road and it was the first warm day of the year, but even so... This morning I did the same level for the fourth time and thought 'this is a doddle, next level please'. Yes, I'm still tired at the end of it and I'll be the first to admit that it is hard work, but I still find it amazing how your body adapts and gets fitter.
I still cycle and swim as well, and this week I've managed to exercise every day since last Saturday. I'm giving myself a well-deserved day off on Saturday...
The only drawback is that I'm constantly hungry and I haven't quite worked out yet how much I can eat without piling on the weight!
(roll on Race for Life - a week ago I didn't think I'd ever be able to do it, this week I feel it may just be possible...)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it is still going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that feeling of being impressed about the body adapting - you've reminded me. I had a bit of a fitness drive a few years ago and went running - & even did the Race for Life. But have let it all go since and doubt I could run ten yards! This post v inspirational though and has made me want to start again. Mebbe ... !! xx

    ReplyDelete