Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesday 21 May

Blog Every Day in May - Dream job

I have thought about this all day and you know what? I honestly don't know what my dream job would be. It would involve knitting, crochet and sewing, but I have tried to craft for money in the past and really, really don't enjoy that. That put an end to my dream job of making a living out of my craft! I teach the occasional crochet class and very much enjoy that, but if I could do it for a living...? I'm not sure. 

A few years ago, when my mum was so very ill, I toyed very seriously with a career change and retraining as a nurse. I just found it too hard, too scary to take the actual step of entering into training - it would mean a very serious income cut and I'm not sure I could afford that. But it's something I would have liked to have done. I know exactly what sort of nurse as well - on a post-operative ward or maybe the geriatrics ward. I think I would have been good at it. 

As it is, I'm pretty happy with the job I have. I enjoy the mental stimulation and I enjoy working with my colleagues. Can't ask for much else really can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment