Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday 15 May

Blog Every Day in May - Life's a Lesson

O this is a tough one! 

I think it probably has to be my marriage break-down. I was 19 when I first met J. and I knew quite soon that he was 'the one'. He felt the same way and we got married 6 years later. I considered him my best friend and I honestly thought that it would be for life, that we would grow old together.
For many reasons growing old together wasn't to be, and we split up in 2004. I don't remember ever crying the way I did on the evening he left. But, we had had a very difficult year and in a way it was a relief as well, and from there I could start to build up a new life. It took several years to settle down, for both of us, but the most important thing I learnt was that my world didn't fall apart and that I was strong enough to carry on. Of course I wish things had gone differently and that the children were growing up in a 'normal' family, but they seem happy and settled and well-adjusted, and I can honestly say I am happy again. 
I met B. about a year after my marriage ended. It is hard to imagine my life without him and again, I'd like to grow old with him. But I've also learnt that relationships do sometimes end, and if that should happen to B. and me, I know it'll be a very tough time but I'm strong enough to deal with it.

Gosh, very serious post indeed! Maybe a more light-hearted one tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lesson. I think it is very hard when love comes to an end. But I'm so pleased you have found it again.

    ReplyDelete